Read more about Brazilian Banks Cut Secret Deal with Luxembourg to Save $90.2M in Tax
PricewaterhouseCoopers helped three Brazilian banks use Luxembourg operations to claim write offs for “intangible assets” that allowed them to sidestep nearly $90 million in taxes between them, according to analysis by Folha de S. Paulo.
Read more about Big 4 Audit Firms Play Big Role in Offshore Murk
Global accounting giants are prime architects of the offshore money maze – and supporting characters in an array of offshore scandals.
Read more about Caught between competing interests in Brazil
Plentiful oil, politics, in addition to fast growth, all making it tough to reduce carbon emissions.
- New Law, New Loophole, New Business for Giant Global Bank HSBC
- Pakistan's PM facing Supreme Court over Panama Papers
- How ICIJ revealed the World Bank's broken promises
- Former EU Official Among Politicians Named in New Leak of Offshore Files from The Bahamas
- Work at ICIJ: Now hiring a Neo4j Connected Data Fellow
Subscribe to our email newsletter and be the first to view our ground-breaking investigations and multimedia.
The ICIJ is dedicated to ensuring all reports we publish are accurate. If you believe you have found an inaccuracy let us know.