Read more about Canadian Federal Pension Board Used Offshore Deal to Skirt Foreign Taxes
A Canadian federal agency set up European shell companies and exploited loopholes that helped it avoid paying foreign taxes — a move that could internationally undermine Canada's stance on corporate tax avoidance.
Read more about Map: Key Tax Haven Clients In the World
Read more about the Offshore Leaks investigations in each country.
Read more about Canadian Senator's Husband Shifted Money Into Offshore Tax Havens
Lawyer Tony Merchant, Canada’s “class action king,” sought secrecy for Cook Islands trust.
Read more about Interactive: Stash Your Cash
From wealthy citizens trying to pay less tax, to savvy swindlers and drug lords with riches to hide, people have spent decades stealthily shifting money via European principalities, Caribbean archipelagos and Pacific Islands. Unravel the mystery of how they do it.
- New Law, New Loophole, New Business for Giant Global Bank HSBC
- Former EU Official Among Politicians Named in New Leak of Offshore Files from The Bahamas
- Work at ICIJ: Now hiring a Community Engagement Editor
- After Panama Papers success, ICIJ goes independent
- Lawsuit: World Bank arm aided firm that hired 'death squads'
Subscribe to our email newsletter and be the first to view our ground-breaking investigations and multimedia.
The ICIJ is dedicated to ensuring all reports we publish are accurate. If you believe you have found an inaccuracy let us know.