- Mar Cabra is the head of the Data & Research Unit, which produces the organization's key data work and also develops tools for better collaborative investigative journalism. She has been an ICIJ staff member since 2011, and is also a member of the network. Mar fell in love with data while being a Fulbright scholar and fellow at the Stabile Center for Investigative Journalism at Columbia University in 2009/2010. Since then, she's promoted data journalism in her native Spain, co-creating the first ever masters degree on investigative reporting, data journalism and visualization and the national data journalism conference, which gathers more than 500 people every year. She previously worked in television (BBC, CCN+ and laSexta Noticias) and her work has been featured in the International Herald Tribune, The Huffington Post, PBS, El País, El Mundo or El Confidencial, among others. In 2012 she received the Spanish Larra Award to the country's most promising journalist under 30. (PGP public key) Read complete profile »
Marcos García Rey, Spain, is a freelance reporter, university researcher on political violence and coordinator of the first ever Masters Degree in Investigative Reporting, Data Journalism and Visualization in Spanish.Read complete profile »
- New Law, New Loophole, New Business for Giant Global Bank HSBC
- Former EU Official Among Politicians Named in New Leak of Offshore Files from The Bahamas
- After Panama Papers success, ICIJ goes independent
- Work at ICIJ: Now hiring a Community Engagement Editor
- Lawsuit: World Bank arm aided firm that hired 'death squads'
Subscribe to our email newsletter and be the first to view our ground-breaking investigations and multimedia.
The ICIJ is dedicated to ensuring all reports we publish are accurate. If you believe you have found an inaccuracy let us know.