Only three of 27 European fish species regularly consumed by humans are fished sustainably, according to an analysis by Fish for the Future, a European Union campaign group supported by five major EU political parties.
Source: Fish for the Future/Scandinavian Fishing Year Book
- How ICIJ revealed the World Bank's broken promises
- Pakistan's PM facing Supreme Court over Panama Papers
- New Law, New Loophole, New Business for Giant Global Bank HSBC
- Former EU Official Among Politicians Named in New Leak of Offshore Files from The Bahamas
- Work at ICIJ: Now hiring a Network and Security Engineer
Subscribe to our email newsletter and be the first to view our ground-breaking investigations and multimedia.
The ICIJ is dedicated to ensuring all reports we publish are accurate. If you believe you have found an inaccuracy let us know.