The tongues of yellow flames from flaring gas burn like candlesticks lined up in a cathedral, lighting the night sky of the port city of Malabo and sending black fumes billowing upwards. In the waters offshore, oil rigs and production platforms sit majestically, sucking hundred of thousands of barrels a day from the deep sea oil fields of Equatorial Guinea.
- New Law, New Loophole, New Business for Giant Global Bank HSBC
- Columbia University honors ICIJ’s World Bank probe
- Ethiopia reaps U.S. aid by enlisting in war on terror and hiring influential lobbyists
- Leaked Records Reveal Offshore Holdings of China’s Elite
- Explore the Documents: Luxembourg Leaks Database
Subscribe to our email newsletter and be the first to view our ground-breaking investigations and multimedia.
The ICIJ is dedicated to ensuring all reports we publish are accurate. If you believe you have found an inaccuracy let us know.