The tongues of yellow flames from flaring gas burn like candlesticks lined up in a cathedral, lighting the night sky of the port city of Malabo and sending black fumes billowing upwards. In the waters offshore, oil rigs and production platforms sit majestically, sucking hundred of thousands of barrels a day from the deep sea oil fields of Equatorial Guinea.
- Panama Papers investigation wins George Polk Award
- New Law, New Loophole, New Business for Giant Global Bank HSBC
- Founders of Panama Papers law firm arrested after raids
- Former EU Official Among Politicians Named in New Leak of Offshore Files from The Bahamas
- Second LuxLeaks trial verdict to be handed down in March
Subscribe to our email newsletter and be the first to view our ground-breaking investigations and multimedia.
The ICIJ is dedicated to ensuring all reports we publish are accurate. If you believe you have found an inaccuracy let us know.