Would you like to join the team at ICIJ? We’ll advertise open job opportunities on this page, so please keep checking back in for the latest. You can also sign up for our weekly emails – where we’ll tell you about any openings.
The team at ICIJ is small but highly ambitious, creative, energetic and passionate about our mission: producing investigative journalism with global impact. We value team-players who are willing to go beyond the duties on their job description to help the organization grow. ICIJ prides itself on supporting career development and nurturing skills to help each employee achieve their full potential.
ICIJ is committed to hiring employees from diverse backgrounds with excellent journalism skills. People of color, women, LGBT+, and differently-abled people are strongly encouraged to apply.
We are currently seeking a full-time IT manager to join our team in Washington, D.C. As an IT manager, you will work closely with our editorial and data teams, as well as the ICIJ network of partners during investigations.
- Overseeing the technical support of ICIJ’s devices ;
- Providing support to ICIJ partners working on our investigations ;
- Assisting with the on-boarding of new hires ;
- Assisting with digital security ;
- Helping ensure the quality of the services offered by ICIJ to its partners ;
- Keeping track of the team’s individual configurations (OS, versions, etc.) ;
- Overseeing software licenses and installation for the team ;
- Coordinating hardware acquisition and integration ;
- Managing local networks to oversee potential problems and flaws ;
- Maintaining best practices and policies ;
- Backing up individual computers.
- 3+ years of experience ;
- Strong experience providing enterprise level PC/Mac support services ;
- General understanding of software/hardware/network systems ;
- Excellent knowledge of products including Google Workspace, Office 365, PGP ;
- Ability to develop and maintain effective relationships with users ;
- Ability to solve problems using effective troubleshooting and problem solving skills ;
- Outstanding communication skills (verbal and written) ;
- Enthusiastic, motivated self-learner who likes to work in a challenging environment.
- Experience with encryption tools (GPG, Veracrypt, etc.)
- Experience working with journalists or in a newsroom environment
- Experience with installing and managing open-source software
- Languages (Spanish and/or French)
Are you interested in applying?
Please send your resume and a cover letter explaining why you think you’re the right candidate for this position to Pierre Romera. Applications close on May 24.