In the fall of 2009, the International Consortium of Investigative Journalists began looking into the global trade in asbestos, a cancer-causing fiber banned or restricted in much of the industrialized world but aggressively marketed in developing countries. What evolved was a nine-month investigation of an international lobby, much of it coordinated from Canada, which promotes the use of asbestos in construction materials and other products. Read more about About This Project: Dangers in the Dust
- The mystery of the fleeing Americans
- Family of Televangelist Chris Oyakhilome Incorporated Secretive Company in Tax Haven
- Secret Files Expose Offshore’s Global Impact
- Lobbyists for the havens: ICIJ’s guide to the offshore system’s defenders
- Tax havens face crisis in wake of Offshore Leaks, report says
Subscribe to our email newsletter and be the first to view our ground-breaking investigations and multimedia.
The ICIJ is dedicated to ensuring all reports we publish are accurate. If you believe you have found an inaccuracy let us know.