In the fall of 2009, the International Consortium of Investigative Journalists began looking into the global trade in asbestos, a cancer-causing fiber banned or restricted in much of the industrialized world but aggressively marketed in developing countries. What evolved was a nine-month investigation of an international lobby, much of it coordinated from Canada, which promotes the use of asbestos in construction materials and other products.
- Explore the Documents: Luxembourg Leaks Database
- New Leak Reveals Luxembourg Tax Deals for Disney, Koch Brothers Empire
- Sun and Shadows: How an Island Paradise Became a Haven for Dirty Money
- Luxembourg Leaks Stories Around the World
- Leaked Documents Expose Global Companies’ Secret Tax Deals in Luxembourg
Subscribe to our email newsletter and be the first to view our ground-breaking investigations and multimedia.
The ICIJ is dedicated to ensuring all reports we publish are accurate. If you believe you have found an inaccuracy let us know.