Read more about ‘Bathed In Blood’: World Bank Arm Gave Loan Amid Deadly Land War
A violent land conflict in Honduras has drawn scrutiny because its corporate protagonist has been financed by the World Bank Group.
Read more about Explainer: What is the World Bank?
The World Bank Group is the globe’s most influential development lender, bankrolling hundreds of government and corporate projects in pursuit of its ambitious mission.
Read more about How the World Bank Broke Its Promise to Protect the Poor
Over the past decade, the World Bank has regularly failed to enforce its own rules when it comes to resettling displaced people, with devastating consequences for some of the poorest and most vulnerable people on the planet.
Read more about Explore 10 Years of World Bank Resettlement Data
Explore data from 120 countries and get an inside look at how the World Bank has displaced millions across the globe.
- New Law, New Loophole, New Business for Giant Global Bank HSBC
- Lawsuit: World Bank arm aided firm that hired 'death squads'
- After Panama Papers success, ICIJ goes independent
- Work at ICIJ: Now hiring a Community Engagement Editor
- Former EU Official Among Politicians Named in New Leak of Offshore Files from The Bahamas
Subscribe to our email newsletter and be the first to view our ground-breaking investigations and multimedia.
The ICIJ is dedicated to ensuring all reports we publish are accurate. If you believe you have found an inaccuracy let us know.