Receiving “threatening” legal letters is a “normal part of the investigative process,” according to ICIJ’s deputy director Marina Walker Guevara.
Walker Guevara was responding to a reader’s question about whether ICIJ and its partners had been threatened.
It was just one of many questions our team – which also included our director Gerard Ryle and reporter Will Fitzgibbon – answered on Facebook last week.
The team also answered questions such as as:
- Why did we decide to publish the Paradise Papers now?
- Why don’t we release all of the documents we found in the leak?
- How do we choose the media partners we work with?
- What do you think of the reactions to the investigation so far?
- How would you summarize the Paradise Papers?
You can watch a replay of all their answers below: