Illicit trade in bluefin tuna has been facilitated by the process of catching fish with large nets that close at the bottom, then transferring those fish live, underwater, into cages, which are towed to calmer waters. The fish are kept alive and fattened until it's time to export them.
- New Law, New Loophole, New Business for Giant Global Bank HSBC
- Tillerson directed offshore company used in Russia deals
- Former EU Official Among Politicians Named in New Leak of Offshore Files from The Bahamas
- Second LuxLeaks trial verdict to be handed down in March
- LuxLeaks trial continues as whistleblowers fight conviction
Subscribe to our email newsletter and be the first to view our ground-breaking investigations and multimedia.
The ICIJ is dedicated to ensuring all reports we publish are accurate. If you believe you have found an inaccuracy let us know.