The Offshore Leaks database is good for more than just searches. ICIJ's Mar Cabra shares techniques and tricks that journalists and other researchers can use to get maximum results for investigations.
Skyrocketing numbers of Americans have been renouncing US citizenship in recent years. Help us figure out who they are and why they are cutting ties with Uncle Sam.
Whether it's to track down a notable criminal, learn the whereabouts of detained immigrants, or explore the workings of the justice system, locating detainees is a crucial investigative skill. Here's how it's done.
‘Spain is different’ has been the tourism slogan for the Southwestern European country for years, since dictator Francisco Franco’s regime used it in the 60’s. I’d argue Spain is different for something else too: its lack of transparency.
Mar Cabra presenting at NICAR 2012. Photo: Ben Welsh
- New Law, New Loophole, New Business for Giant Global Bank HSBC
- Pakistan's PM facing Supreme Court over Panama Papers
- How ICIJ revealed the World Bank's broken promises
- Former EU Official Among Politicians Named in New Leak of Offshore Files from The Bahamas
- Work at ICIJ: Now hiring a Neo4j Connected Data Fellow
Subscribe to our email newsletter and be the first to view our ground-breaking investigations and multimedia.
The ICIJ is dedicated to ensuring all reports we publish are accurate. If you believe you have found an inaccuracy let us know.